Weslaco’s population is right around 40,000. That’s big enough to offer great choices when it comes to schools, jobs, shopping, and dining, but not so big as to feel overwhelming.
More people own their homes in Weslaco than rent. That means they tend to set down roots and to know their neighbors. They live in the same place for years, starting and raising families, and getting involved in the fabric of the community.
Weslaco is diverse. Residents come from all over the United States and all over the world. Household income is almost evenly split between income brackets until you get above an annual $150k.
A full third of the population is under 18 years old, proving residents think Weslaco is a great place to raise children. If you ask most people to describe their neighbors, they’d say they’re welcoming and hardworking.
The city attracts residents for its warm weather year-round, its low cost of living, its employment opportunities, and its huge number of choices in things to do.
Benefits of Buying a New Home in Weslaco With WestWind Homes
When we build new homes in Midpoint Estates, we start with one of 11 flex floorplans. Just the sheer number of available choices means neighborhoods never look cookie-cutter, and that’s just the beginning.
From there, here are just some of the choices buyers have when it comes to customizing their new home in Weslaco:
- Masonry choices for unique custom exteriors
- A huge selection of 18” x 18” ceramic tiles
- Extensive choices in Shaw carpet flooring for second-story rooms
- Interior door hardware in antique bronze or satin nickel finishes
- Crown molding with several available options
- Multiple choices for kitchen and bathroom granite countertops
- Cabinet color choices from the Builder Design Consultant Series
- Two-tone color-coordinating ceiling and wall paints
Designed For Today’s Lifestyles
We have a home design for every lifestyle and budget. The Wesley floor plan is our smallest floor plan, but it still has three bedrooms and 1500 sqft of living space. The open kitchen, living room, and dining room space and high ceilings make it feel even more spacious than it is.
From there, we add square feet and additional bedrooms with layouts that can be customized in an almost endless number of ways. The largest floor plan, San Lucas has five bedrooms and three bathrooms. Many of our homes for sale in Weslaco, TX already include customization choices like these:
- Optional double sink in master bathroom
- Additional bedroom option
- 3rd bathroom option
- Garden tub and shower option
- Open concept kitchen option
- Box window option
Built to Last
Skip the uncertainty when it comes to selecting a home builder. Instead, choose one with over 25 years of experience and a host of awards and recognitions for our commitment to excellence.
Still, we don’t take our success for granted. It’s your home, your investment in your family’s future. We have processes and standards that have made every build to date a success, but we still pay third party independent licensed inspectors to take a good hard look at every home’s foundation and framing. People choose us because of our certified construction.
Building on Weslaco soil can be tricky, and no one wants to deal with foundation repair. Every WestWind Home starts with a professionally engineered and designed foundation, which is why even after building more than two million square feet of foundation, we can say not one of them has ever failed.
Schools Near New Homes in Weslaco
Weslaco Independent School District has 11 elementary schools serving pre-k through fifth grade and F.D. Roosevelt Elementary is nearing completion. Four middle schools serve grades six through eight. The district also has four high schools, an early college high school, and a career and technology center.
The district delivers a well-rounded educational experience to more than 17,000 students and provides 2,500 jobs for the area. They excel at providing a foundation for tomorrow’s success.
IDEA Public Schools
IDEA Academy is a not-for-profit Texas charter school corporation. They take a one-of-a-kind approach to education that encourages a college focus from students’ very first educational experience. Early grades receive intensive curriculum and instruction and begin visiting college campuses in the third grade. In upper grades, many students at IDEA Public Schools out-perform their peers.
Weslaco Texas Medical Facilities
Our new homes in Weslaco are minutes from some of the area’s best healthcare. Knapp Medical Center is just a short drive from Midpoint Estates. The acute care hospital uses state-of-the-art technology to diagnose and treat patient illness and injury.
More than 200 physicians are on staff, and the 24-hour emergency center is an Advanced Level III Trauma Center. Services include everything from pediatrics to neonatal care to cardiology.
In addition to Knapp Medical Center, individuals and families can also receive excellent care places like Weslaco Medical Clinic, South Texas Medical Clinic, and the Weslaco Family Care Center.
Things to Do Near Weslaco
People who own new homes near Weslaco never run out of things to do, with a year-round lineup of entertainment and activities. For starters, Midpoint Estates is right around the corner from Harlon Block Sports Complex, where residents enjoy three softball fields, a baseball field, two basketball courts, walking trails, pavilions, a dog park and room for family and group events. Then around town, there’s something for every taste.
Arts and Entertainment
Rio Grande Valley is has a colorful history, and residents invite you to become a part of it starting at these local landmarks.
- Weslaco Museum – Browse a collection of artifacts gathered over time from area residents and businesses.
- Braught Memorial Theater – Spend an intimate evening in this recently renovated theater with rich oak floors, red curtains, and a movie screen.
- Tower Theater – Arts patrons repurposed this 1920’s water storage tank for use as a performing arts theater.
- Past meets present at Wesmer Drive-In Theater, where you can watch the most recently released movies at an old-time drive-in.
Weslaco also hosts festivals and community events that draw visitors from all over Rio Grande Valley like the Texas Onion Fest in March and the Mid Valley Christmas Light Parade and Mid Valley Santa Dash in December.
Shopping and Dining
Weslaco’s Downtown District was once known as the “city of neon” as businesses lined avenues with bright signs advertising dancing, dinner, or ice cream soda. You can still get a taste of the past when you stroll through downtown browsing specialty stores, boutiques, and antique shops.
The Rio Grande Valley is known the world over for steamy summers, mild winters, exotic birds, and fruit orchards. People who live in new homes near Weslaco enjoy access to a plethora of outdoor opportunities.
- Frontera Audobon Nature Preserve – a 15-acre bird and wildlife haven in the middle of the city
- Las Palomas Wildlife Area – A lifetime won’t be long enough to explore this 311-acre property open year-round and focused on providing farm pasture and wetlands for native plants and wildlife.
- Estero Llano Grande World Birding Center – This state park is one of the best places in Texas to spot colorful and endangered avian species.
- Santa Ana Natural Wildlife Refuge – Migratory birds mingle with native species across 2,088 acres open to the public.
- Tierra Santa Golf – Improve your game on this tropical 18-hole golf course perfect for everyone from the beginner to the competitive player.
Buying New Home in Weslaco?
Midpoint Estates is one of WestWind Homes’ most value-packed communities because of its unbeatable location and breathtaking homes. At WestWind Homes we believe homeownership is for everyone, but we also know the process of buying a home can seem daunting.
Many years ago we started our Home Buyer’s Club to help people who had experienced credit issues in the past. Hundreds of families who thought they’d never be able to save enough for a down payment or have a credit score high enough to qualify for a home loan are now proud Texas homeowners, and you could be too.
If you’d like to learn more about the Home Buyer’s Club, the Midpoint Estates Community, our design and build process, or anything else about new homes in Weslaco, we want to hear from you. Contact us online or use the chat feature in the lower left of your screen.